Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day Trips and Nights at the Shows






Well, it has been a while since I have updated everyone on life in London, so here it goes...

Since my last post, life has been going just great! As you can see from the pictures I have been quite busy. On Tuesday June 19th, some friends and I went to Leicster Square and got Wicked tickets for only 19 pounds! (=$38) We were so excited! That day we also went to the changing of the guards, which I would not recommend to anyone! Haha. I also set off a second smoke alarm that day. These Brits are super careful after the Great Fire and like to put smoke detectors right above the stove. Anyways, I am really enjoying cooking, which is good because food is extremely expensive. Wicked was better than I could ever imagined! I am a little obsessed! Wednesday we had lecture at Parliament which was exciting...took about an hour just to get through security! That night we saw Billy Elliot which I did not like. The little kids cussed a lot and it contained a lot of British humour. Not really my cup of tea. We had lecture Thursday and at night Tyler and I hung out on the river (my favourite spot!) Friday was the day trip to Bath, which was really cool. About a 3 hour bus ride. I got to see the Roman Baths of course as well as where Jane Austen lived for a little while. Saturday Tyler and I went to Cambridge for the day. I really liked Cambridge a lot, totally worth the trip. We took a bus ride there and spent the day going into the amazing colleges (Harry Potter was filmed in one of them, and Prince Charles attended one as well). After lunch we went punting down the river which was beautiful and relaxing. Cambridge is such a cool town with so many colleges and the streets are filled with bikes! I go to Oxford soon and I am very interested to see how it compares!

No comments: