Saturday, June 16, 2007

lovin london




Well, as you can see from the slideshow above, my group has arrived and we are now all settled in. My roommate, Sally and I are having a blast! The photos are correct representations of the size of our room. I think that the pictures make it seem bigger actually. I live in Bayswater, which is a step down from the beautiful posh South Kensington where Tyler is. My flat does have some benefits, however, such as air conditioning, wireless internet, a small balcony, and a close tube station. Thursday night Tyler, Sally, and myself went to this really cool club/restaurant for a cheap hamburger and chips (fries), and then we listened to the local musicians in Covent Gardens. Friday I had lecture about working in Britain which was very interesting and helpful. There are so many differences over here and I sometimes need a translator, the language is so different! Saturday was a fabulous day filled with the parade for the Queen's birthday and a visit to the amazing British Museum. The amount of things in the museum really showed the power that this country used to have. My favourite things were the mummys, the Enlightenment exhibit, and the Rosetta Stone. More later. Cheers!

1 comment:

Hobe said...

Kathryn, I absolutely LOVE your blog. Your pictures are just fantastic! I feel like I'm there with you and it's even better than I remember. Just wait until you hit Paris! There simply are not enough words to truly capture it's charm. If you have a chance, be sure to take one of the boat rides along the Seine (at night if possible) and sit outside on the top so you can take it all in. It's simply magical -- a dream come true.
Can't wait for you're next adventure!
Much love, Hobe